When it comes to hair and beauty, we always want what we don‚Äôt have. Those with straight hair wish they could inject a bit more volume into it, whilst people with curly hair are looking for ways to tame theirs. Not any more! Now is the time to embrace your beautiful locks and enjoy being a¬†Natural Curly Hair Gal. From soft waves to tight curls, and all in between, no two curls are the same ‚Äď it’s not about expensive salons or struggly with frizz anymore ‚Äď ¬†it‚Äôs all about the right products and knowing how to care for your curls. Curly gals are special people with special needs that need extra TLC. ¬†Once you adapt these products and techniques you will embrace your curls and love your locks! ¬†We are experts in curly hair and know all about the trials and tribulations that come with it!
Here are the 5 top things Curly Gals need to know:
1. A good Curly Hair Cut is essntial with regular trims to avoid split ends.¬†Split ends are not good on anyone but with curly hair they can make your hair look frizzy. To have healthy curls that ¬†bounce, head to the curly hair specialist¬†every 8 weeks. We know the panic that comes when the stylist takes out those scizzors. ¬†Curly hair goes into alittle shock after the cut and may appear shorter for a few days, but, then the beauty of the cut is not only seen but appreciated. ¬† Our Curly Hair Master, Jessica Scott, has clients that ¬†not only come back to her every 8 weeks for a trim, but, call on week 6 to make sure it is OK to go another 2 weeks:) ¬†Yes, they still look panic stricken for the few minutes that it takes to trim, but, say they LIKE her as they leave and LOVE her in a few days!
2) Use the right Products for your specific curl texture & pattern. “It may even take 2 or more products mixed together to achieve your favorite style,” says our Curly Hair Master, Jessica Scott. ¬†Her favorite is mixing our Miracle Hair Styling Gel with the Volumizing Spray & and some of the Heavenly Hydration which has Argan Oil. The combo leaves the curls hydrated, shiny and bouncy!
3) Never brush to detangle, always use a wide-tooth comb on a wet well conditioned head. Start at the bottom and ¬†gently detangle. Each strand of ¬†curly hair is fragile and easy to break, so comb with gentle loving care!
4) Use a diffuser on low heat to even out the curl pattern, ¬†add more body and prevent frizz that naturally air dried hair may have in humid climates. ¬†The best way to use the diffuser; first squeeeze out the extra moisture in your hair, if it gets dry spritz water on it, add a Volumizing Spray, that has heat protectant and scrunch and style. ¬†And remember to avoid intense heat at all costs. Yes, throw away the straightening irons now:) ¬†Click the link to see the video below.
5) Moisterize & Hydrate between shampoos. Do not over shampoo. ¬†Most Curly heads are Ok ¬†to shampoo and condition once a week. ¬†If ultra dry (like in high humidity) it’s Ok to wet and condition between shampoos. ¬†Every morning use a light leave-in conditioner like our Rockin’ Curls conditioner that hydrates & restores.
Book your appointment with our Curly Hair Master, Jessica Scott at 212.226.3363 or online at¬†https://madonnaandco.com/pages/beauty-services
Our exclusive new line of Curly Hair Products will be available early February. ¬†
You Curls Cannot Live Without Them!
202 East 60th Street
NYC NY 10022
2.2 226. 3363